Sunday, September 14, 2008

11 Miles...

That's how far I ran today. I haven't had any really good running the last two weeks (or workouts of any kind for that matter) while battling my bladder/kidney infection. So, I was fairly reluctant to head out for the week's long run. Eleven (11) miles is a long way on your feet. I decided to skip my antibiotics (which make me nauseous) until after my run. I am fairly certain I would not have made it all the way back home. Sure, my pace was slower than I'd like, but I did it--all 11 miles--2.1 miles less than I will run in five weeks in San Francisco.

I stayed motivated thinking about: the 1000+ calories I was burning, the fact that I had run 5.5 miles away from home and had to get back somehow, a desire to (finally) get in a good workout, and a little Dean Karnazes quote from a Starbucks' cup:

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl when you must. Just never give up."

No comments: