Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Like Riding A Bike


In addition to the stress fracture injury on my left foot, I decided to split open my left heel (same foot) in a cycling accident on Saturday. I purchased my first road bike this weekend that uses the cleat-type clip-in pedals. I believe I learned to ride a bike when I was 3 or 4, and I lost my training wheels when I was about 5. They say you never forget how to ride a bike. However, you can momentarily forget it when you are attempting the clip in pedals. My Look Keo Sprints and my new Sidi shoes did not want to meet up initially, and I ended up on the ground with what I thought was just a bruised and scraped knee (right side, to balance my injuries). It was until Andrew pointed out my bleeding heel that we both realized I had cracked open my left heel. Bottom line, I am still going to complete my half-marathon, but I will not be winning my age group by a long shot!


No comments: