Saturday, August 23, 2008

How About A Little Support (More on Run 74)

My laundry basket is generally filled with smelly, sweaty, running gear. Sometimes, I am lazy about washing clothes, so I recently decided to acquire two new sports bras, so I could wash them less. I opted for the Nike DriFit Strappy Sports bras that are small, reversible, and come in a variety of fun colors.* The bras feel like a soft cotton, but actually are a blend that will help pull moisture away from your skin (thereby keeping you cool and preventing blisters/chafing) as you sweat.

When they arrived from Nike.com, I thought they looked a little small--like they wouldn't cover what they needed to cover. Sure, they were a size small, but I expected a bit more fabric (more like a traditional sports bra). Granted I am a small girl, so I figured I would try them on first and test it out. Much to my surprise (and chagrin), they actually covered everything I needed to cover and were a bit lose around the neckline. Still, I did my Irish run wearing my new green one (fitting), and actually felt a bit of bounce--but only because the small was too big. I am returning the unworn one to exchange it for an extra-small,** and I've relegated the green one for less motion-intense activities (like weight training).

*I would not recommend this bra for women actually needing support v. just coverage.

**Trust me, wearing an x-small sports bra is not as pleasant as wearing a smaller size in pants.

No comments: