Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pictures

My blog is very text-heavy. As I anticipate a serious overhaul of this blog's appearance in the near future, I hope to change that, but part of the issue is this blog is about running, and I certainly do not take Facebook-style self portraits in the early morning as I head out the door to go running in no makeup, a hat pulled down low, and sometimes matching clothes. So, I'm going to post a couple of non-running photos from time to time--and try to tie them back into running, if possible.

In the above photo (taken during my friend Heather's birthday celebration), the five girls to the right of the photo are all runners.* The girl in orange in the front, Heather, is training for the Portland Marathon with me, as is the girl in the black in the front, Melissa. We guilt each other into getting in all of our training runs, commiserate about training issues, and generally encourage each other not to quit. The girl on the far right, Lori, runs 5-6 miles about 6 times a week. She's not training for Portland, but plans on coming down to cheer for us. The blonde in the back, Liz, is a triathlete, and while she is not running Portland, she did do a 10K Trail run with Lori, Melissa, and I in May.

Please note that I am not standing in a ditch in this photo--I am actually wearing 4inch heels.

*The three girls to the left are not runners of which I am aware. Actually, I can only say for certain that Meg, the girl on the far left, is not a runner--but she is a pretty bada$$ weight lifter.

No comments: