Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Morning Person?

I am trying to get my runs in during the morning, but I am failing in week two. I am just not a morning person, but I know once the weather gets (and stays) hot that I will want to be running in the morning when it is still cool outside. I completed Sunday's run in the morning (around Hayden Lake--beautiful run), but Tuesday's run was at night (a loop around Browne's Addition that I like). Tonight's run will be at night, as well, since I didn't crawl out of bed until seven.

Since I'm only doing 30-40 minutes runs right now, I can usually hydrate a bit (about 4 oz.) and head out the door. As the runs get longer in the next 22 weeks, I'll have to figure out what works for me hydration and food wise and does not upset my stomach. Right now, I'm loving the Propel Endurance--lower cal with not much sugar (see Running Tip #1) and a bit of caffeine to get me out the door.

Sunday and Tuesday's runs were energized by the following artists on my little green nano: Pat Benatar, Mary J. Blige, Motley Crue, Lily Allen, Saul Williams, Jamiroquai, George Michael, Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, and The Chemical Brothers.

No comments: