Monday, June 2, 2008

Lazy Sundays...(Run #16)

Sunday evening I completed run 16. I have somewhere around 100 runs to go before the big day (October 19). Sundays are easy, "recovery run" days. The runs are around a half-hour, and they are designed to help my muscles recover from the long runs on Saturdays.

I ran with Chad on the Centennial Trail from the fountain downtown out east past Gonzaga and back. It was a nice pace, but I had to stop briefly by WSU-Spokane. There was some kind of landscaping work going on and the smell of gasoline and chemicals made me lightheaded.

I have completed three weeks of training, and I am starting to notice small advances in my pace, endurance, and overall fitness. Being a new runner, it's motivating to see the changes. However, I am still stuck in that competitive mode, and I either work harder than I should or I get a bit disappointed in myself and my performance because I think I should be better.

However, I am starting to fall for running. I subscribe to Runner's World magazine, and I spend time on runnersworld.com every other day or so. I think if I learn more about running, I will be able to use that knowledge to improve.

No comments: