Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Almost to the Halfway Point (in Donations)

Yesterday morning, when I checked my email at work (which I do first thing every morning while drinking my coffee from Madeleine's) and saw that I had received two new donations towards my $4,000.00 fundraising goal, one for $50 from Judith Elder and one for $100 from "Anonymous." I also received $100 from Ralph Leutz that day. Then, this morning, I received $25 from my niece MacKenzie (who is not even a year-old, but very computer savvy).

So, my fundraising total has now reached $1,900.00 as of this morning.* A big thanks to all who have sent donations--I really appreciate it, and I know it is going for a good cause. Also, for the "Anonymous" donors, I must apologize that I cannot personally thank you, as Team in Training and LLS do not provide me with contact information or names of any of my anonymous donors. I would love to thank you personally.

Finally, I know that I have asked many people for money. Please do not feel like you can't donate because your donation will be too small. Every dollar donated actually makes a difference, so even if you want to donate a dollar, you're still helping the cause.

*As a reminder, my fundraising page (see the link on the right) does not auto-update donations that are personally given to me or mailed in--please be patient to see your donation appear on my fundraising page if you donated other than online.

No comments: