Friday, July 18, 2008

Every Little Step I Take*

This week, I have received some very generous donations. Between Monday and today (Friday morning at 10 a.m.), I have received $1,075.00 in donations. This is more than 1/4 of the donations needed for me to reach my minimum fundraising goal. I am amazed and touched by the generosity of all of my donors--regardless of the dollar value of the donation.

I may be most impressed by my less-than-one-year old niece, who donated $25 dollars to me this week--not only is she computer savvy, but she also managed to get access to her mom's credit card!

I have begun sending out reminders to persons that I sent fundraising letters and emails to back in late May. I know the economy sucks and money is tight for everyone, but I wouldn't be asking for money if it weren't for a good cause. It's not like I am asking for someone to fund my trip to the Nordstom Anniversary Sale (which started this morning--or at midnight last night if you shopped online). Please don't think that any donation would be too small...$1 or $5 or $10 or $1,000 (I know, not small)--all these amounts add up and will help towards the ultimate goal of Team in Training--to eradicate cancer. That's our team's mission and this year, Team in Training is likely going to hit the $1 billion mark. Please consider helping add to that total.

And, many thanks to my donors of this week**: Anonymous, Barry Davidson, Judith Elder, John and Jan Giesa, Travis and Erin Haynes, Ralph Leutz, MacKenzie Lovchik, Melanie Giesa Marshall, and Jackie Witter. Your kind comments on my fundraising page and your personal notes have been very encouraging.

*As I wrote that line, I was taken back to St. Francis School in New Haven, CT--where I am fairly certain at 12 or 13 I danced to the Bobby Brown song of the same name at a mixer with the other parochial junior highs in town.

**Many thanks to my previous donors as well!

No comments: