Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some Like It Hot* (Run 43)

Last night I did my 30 minute run in 90 degree weather with a warm, fairly strong wind. Not my best run, but it felt great to really sweat. For me, running in high temperatures is comparable to running through sand. Not in sand--as in a run on the beach--but through sand, as if I were running through a swimming pool filled waist-high with sand. My muscles are looser while running in the heat, but each stride requires more effort than it does in cooler weather.

Last night's hot run was fueled by the following playlist: "Good Girls, Bad Guys," DMX feat. Dyme; "Drama Queen," Switches; "Longview," Green Day; "4 Minutes," Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland; "So What'cha Want," Beastie Boys; "11h30," Danger; "We Thuggin' (Remix)," Fat Joe; and "Control Myself," LL Cool J feat. J-Lo.

*The title references the Robert Palmer song, not the film.

No comments: